Wednesday, October 14, 2009

State Capital Field Trip

I went to Lansing with Madison's 4th grade class on Monday for their field trip. I don't remember going to the capital but maybe we went in 4th grade - I just can't remember! It was a fun trip and the kids got to see lots of neat things. We saw the Governor's Office, the Senate and the House of Representatives. The building was pretty quiet - there are no sessions on Mondays and it was also Columbus Day so no government officials working.




We also visited the museum which I think the kids found less interesting. I think they would have enjoyed it more if they could have toured it at their own pace and read about the objects there but we had a tour guide that talked and talked and talked and I think she lost the kids' attention. Not particularly enjoying history myself - she lost me too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment